2012.04 – April
Plant Floor Ethernet
- The evolution of traditional serial communications to Ethernet.
- Hubs, Switches, Routers… what is the difference?
- Why protocols are still valid.
- An introduction to the OSI Model.
- What is the Media Access Control Address (MAC ID)
- What is a packet?
- An introduction to IP Addresses
- What is the difference between a Managed and Unmanaged Ethernet switch?
- Redundancy with Ethernet
- How does wireless apply to Ethernet.
John Kan of Moxa America’s Inc. has been working in Factory Automation for 25 years. He has a B.S. Mechanical Engineering from General Motors Institute (Now Kettering Institute). His background is concentrated in PLC Programming, HMI / SCADA, Wireless Communications, and Industrial Ethernet in software engineering, application engineering, and sales positions. He has worked for General Motors, Nematron, Ci Technologies, Livingston & Haven, Siemens Energy, and Moxa America’s Inc. Included in his work history is a cumulative 4 years of overseas experience in The Netherlands, Sweden, and Norway.
Our meeting place is: We will be meeting at our regular time of 6:00pm at Carini’s. No RSVP required (invite a coworker) Beer and food off the menu. Directions to Carini Italian Restaurant click on map below:
|Richmond-Hopewell ISA - © 2002 ISA -
All rights reserved.