2012.05 – May
Tour USP Sandston mail processing and distribution facility
- Tour starts promptly at 6:30 do not be left behind
- The facility comprises 715,743 square feet which equates to over 12 football fields in size
- The P&DC processes an average 7 million mail pieces in a 24-hour period. During the holiday mailing season, this number rises to 17.3 million pieces.
- There are 1,730,068 possible delivery points in the Richmond District.
- See the automation of snail mail
- Group will meet for dinner after tour location TBD
Our meeting place is USPO at 5801 Technology Blvd, Sandston VA 23150. Go to second entrance from 60 first one is marked Post office vehicles only! No RSVP required